Skip to main content

525 N. Whitted Street

William Williams House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story bungalow with a small addition at the northwest corner. Hip roof with exposed roof rafters, asbestos siding, and brick veneer on addition. Engaged front porch has replacement iron posts on brick piers and iron balustrade. Windows are eight-over-one and door is multi-light. Low stone retaining wall at sidewalk. House was originally lots 10, 11, 12 of S. Maxwell's 5th Ave. Subdivision (1919). Lot 10 was originally bought by A. Y. Arledge from Maxwell (1919, Book 102, 44); lots 11 and 12 were bought by Dr. W. A. McKenzie from Maxwell (1919, Book 108, 51). William Williams, a salesman, lived here from 1937 to 1938. William P. Chaney and wife Fannie, a dressmaker, lived here from 1939 to at least 1951.  
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)

Storage building. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story storage building with a front gable roof and vertical plank walls, on same site as the original outbuilding.

Historic District
West Side