King G. Morris House
Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story bungalow with a side gable roof and knee braces. German siding. Pronounced Craftsman-influenced front attached porch with battered posts on stuccoes piers. Exterior end stuccoed chimney. Windows are one-over-one and door is multi-light with sidelights. House is set way back on lot. House was originally lot 9 of the S. Maxwell subdivision. A. Y. Arledge bought the lot from Maxwell (1919, Book 102, 44). King G. and Daisy L. Morris lived here from 1937 to 1938. Morris worked for Brownlow Jackson & Son. Byers D. Johnson lived here from 1939 to 1944. Raymond and Margie Capps lived here from 1945 to 1946. Capps was a salesman at Efird's Department Store. Jason P. and Jeanetta McGee lived here from 1948 to 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)