United States Post Office. 1914. Contributing.
Neoclassical Revival two-story brick building with symmetrical balance and proportion. Front facade has fanlights above the twelve-over-twelve windows and the front door. The building is primarily red Flemish bond brick with inset panels of painted relief limestone ornament in a garland motif alternating with circles. A row of four brick pilasters in the front are capped by the same limestone in modified Corinthian capitals, dividing the five bay of the building. Dentil molding and egg-and-dart motif adorns the building in the cornice around all four elevations. East and west elevations also contain twelve-over-twelve windows with keystones on alternate windows. Alternate windows are four-over-four. There is a second band of decorative stonework just above the second story windows on all four elevations. Cast iron railings at the first floor windows and basement windows, and a stone foundation are other notable details. The south (rear) elevation has pilasters dividing the five bays of the second story, the same as the front, and pairs of six-over-six windows between them with keystones above. A small one-story brick addition wraps around the southeast corner and part of the rear. According to Lenoir Ray's Postmarks, this building was constructed in 1914 for use as the post office, which remained in this building until 1966.