Fred S. Justus House
Contributing. ca. 1925.
This one-story, cross-gable Craftsman bungalow has German siding, a cross-gable wraparound porch with paired and triple replacement posts and balustrade, and a rear porch which has been screened in. Foundation is brick, windows are vertical-four-over-one, and the multi-light front door is flanked by windows and has a transom. There is a central brick chimney. House sits on a small lot which slopes slightly to the rear. Fred S. Justus, owner of Justus Pharmacy, and wife Virginia lived here from 1937 through 1944. William Maurice Owens, manager at Dixie Home Stores, and wife Edith lived here from 1945 - 1951, and Harley F. Dotson, also a manager at Dixie Home Stores, and wife Pauline lived here from 1952 to 1957. (Sanborn maps; city directories)