520 Third Avenue West
House. Non-contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story rectangular double-pile house with substantial alterations. The wraparound porch which showed on the Sanborn maps is gone. Lower half of building is shingles and upper half is asbestos siding. Hip roof, interior brick chimney. Original door may have faced Third Avenue; a modern door has been added on the side facing a gravel drive. Mrs. Lula J. Loflin lived here from 1939 to 1940; Frank L. and Mary H. Southard, with the Courthouse Cafe, lived here from 1943 to 1944; R. Mack and Nellie N. Blackwell were here from 1945 to 1946; Herbert J. and Annie R. Morgan lived here from 1948 to 1949. Morgan was a plumber. Mrs. Lula B. Hunt lived here beginning in 1950. These were most likely renters, since the occupants changed yearly.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Carport. Non-contributing, 1970s.
One-story modern, free-standing carport with three bays.