538 Oak Street

William H. Cale House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story plus basement bungalow with a cross gable roof. German siding and bungaloid porch. Porch originally was a wraparound, now replaced on the south side with a flat-roof carport extension. Exterior end chimney, on south side. Multi-light-over-one windows; multi-light-over-panel front door. Small lot drops to rear. A portion of this house lot was originally bought by Claude Brown from C.F. Bland, the developer, designated as Lots 34 and 35 of the C. F. Bland sub-division. The property now includes Lots 34, 35, 31, 32, and 33 of the original plat (1920, Deed book 108, 83). It appears that William H. and Agnes Cale were the original owners of this house. He was a traveling salesman. The Cale family occupied the house until at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)

Storage building. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story frame storage building with German siding and front gable roof.

Document Actions

Filed under: