520 Oak Street
Non-contributing, ca. 1939.
Two-story building which appears to have originally been a garage with a modern second story added. Original garage doors visible on northwest corner, with modern addition above. Side gable roof, German siding. Set back from street. It appears that this building was originally an outbuilding to 528 Oak Street to the north (#62). Dr. Phillip Rupp lived here beginning in 1939; he was listed as living at 528 Oak Street previous to this. The building was vacant in the early 1940s. Hugh T. and Linna C. Durham lived here from 1945 to 1946. Durham was a driver for Skyland Cleaners. The building was rented to "tourists" from 1948 to 1949, and Samuel and Dorothy Hottel lived here from 1950 to 1951. Hottel worked for Quality Bakery.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)