319 N. Whitted Street
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story Colonial Revival house with a center hall plan, hip roof, and original weatherboard siding. One-story wing at rear. Wraparound porch with tapered posts on brick piers, no balustrade. Upper porch with turned columns and hip roof above center bay of lower porch. Pair of interior brick chimneys. One-over-one windows and single-light-over-panel front door. Large lot with mature trees. Robert M. and Phyllis J. Sharp of Richmond, Virginia, lived here from 1937 to 1938. They apparently lived here part of the year through 1944, with the house remaining vacant part of the time. William T. and Elvira Williams lived here from 1945 to 1946, and Hazel Wachtel lived here from 1948 to at least 1951. The small cottage to the west appears to have been an outbuilding to this house originally (#51).
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Garage and storage building. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story frame building with shed roof and board and batten siding.