913 Fourth Avenue West
Abram Kantrowitz House
House. Contributing, 1917.
One and one-half-story Craftsman bungalow with a cross-gable roof and knee braces. Brick veneer walls and stucco in gable ends. Engaged front porch with stone piers, solid stone balustrade, and "bow tie" arch. Exterior end chimney. One-over-one windows and modern door. Stone foundation. Notable stone wall at street level, stone steps and cheekwalls at front center walk. Erle Stillwell designed a bungalow for Abram Kantrowitz similar to this one, but it appears to have been slightly altered from the original plans when built. Abram and Lena Kantrowitz appear in city directories as living here from 1937 to 1940, and were likely the original owners. Kantrowitz was president-manager of Kanter's, Inc. Richard J. and Wilhelmina Williams lived here from 1941 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, Stillwell drawing collection)
Garage. Contributing, 1917.
Notable one-story brick veneer garage with a front gable roof and multi-light-over-panel doors.