909 Fourth Avenue West
Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story bungalow with a cross gable roof with stepped knee braces. Brick veneer walls. Rear porch enclosed after 1954, and deck added. Attached porch with bungaloid details and solid brick balustrade. Interior end stuccoed chimney. One-over-one and small multi-light panes-over-large single pane windows; multi-light-over-panel door. Stone wall continues from house to the west in front of this house. Stone cheekwalls at entry steps. Set on hill above street. Mrs. Lila J. Wooley lived here from 1937 to 1938. Preston Wooley, with Shell Service Station, lived here from 1939 to 1940. James R. and Ollie S. Poteet lived her from 1943 to 1944; Julius M. and Sallie P. Stewart lived here from 1945 to 1946 (Stewart was the county tax collector); and David O. and Sallie H. Satterfield lived here from 1948 to 1951. Satterfield was a salesman.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)