830 Fourth Avenue West
House. Contributing, 1930.
Two and one-half story Craftsman bungalow with some Colonial Revival features. Cross gable roof with wide eaves, curved rafter ends, hip roof at rear. Striated tan brick veneer walls. Attached front porch has cut granite steps, brick posts and piers, solid brick balustrade with cut granite caps. Sunroom at first floor, northeast corner; arched window in front gable end; second story balcony at northeast corner. Exterior end chimney with shoulders on west side. One-over-one windows; single-light-over-panel front door with fanlight. Semi-circular sidewalk at front is original. Built by Oscar and Hilda Latt, grandparents of the current owner. It was sold out of the family in the 1940s, but was purchased back into the family by the current owner in 1990. House appears to be architect-designed, but it is currently undocumented.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, historic photos filed with #201, owner)
Garage. Contributing, 1930.
One-story tan brick, front gable, two-bay garage. Multi-light-over-panels garage doors.