807 Fourth Avenue West
Dr. J. L. Egerton House
House. Contributing, 1913.
One-and-one-half-story Craftsman bungalow with a cross gable roof and shed roof dormers. Front steps added at southwest corner to upstairs apartment. Shingle siding. Wraparound porch with stone piers and cheek walls, brick steps, and a "bow tie" arch. Brick interior end chimneys. Six-over-one windows, some leaded glass. Some casement windows. Front door is multi-light-over-panel of solid oak. Large corner lot, and granite slabs into hillside as retaining wall. Designed for Dr. J. L. Egerton by Erle Stillwell. Abram and Esther Lewis lived here from 1939 to 1944. Lewis was secretary-treasurer at Lewis Department Store. James and Alice Reed lived here from 1945 to 1946. Robert and Grace Severy lived here from 1948 to at least 1951. Severy was a bookkeeper at Electric Service Company.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, Stillwell drawing collection)
Garage. Contributing, 1913.
One-story frame garage with front gable roof and shed roof addition to east.