726 Fourth Avenue West
House. Contributing, ca. 1900.
Two and one-half story Queen Anne house with pyramidal roof and intersecting gable roof projections with boxed returns. One-story rear wing. German siding, and decorative shingles in gable ends. Porch wraps around two sides with turned posts and no balustrade. Notable interior brick chimneys with elaborate corbeling. One-over-one windows; door opens to side. Small level lot. Mrs. Laura Lyda lived here from 1937 to 1938. The house was vacant in the early 1940s, then Philip E. and Nora J. Thibodeau lived here from 1943 to 1944; John H. Hutchinson, a salesman at Houston Furniture Company, and wife Edith were here from 1945 to 1946; and Charles A. Sieber, employed at Ecusta, and wife Paula lived here from 1948 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, survey files)
Storage shed. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story shed roof storage building with German siding.