Navigation
 

610 Fourth Avenue West

Raymond L. Edwards House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story Colonial Revival house with a large wing added to the east in 1945. Original section of building has a front gable roof, monumental portico with tall square columns, and a flat roof. Portico possibly added along with the 1945 additions. Six-over-one windows, and a modern front door. The wing to the east is also two-story, brick, with a side gable roof, and a smaller one-story portion to the east. Windows on the addition are six-over-six, and the front door is recessed within an arched center entry. Interior end chimney on west elevation. The original house on this lot was added onto and turned into apartments in 1945 by Mrs. W. L. Harper, Sr. It was then called the Harper Apartments. The original section of the building was owned by Raymond L. Edwards, president of Hendersonville Hardware Company, and wife Sayde, from 1937 to 1944. Cecil R. and Elaine E. Cowan lived here from 1948 to 1949.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)

Garage. Non-contributing, 1960s.
One-story, side gable roof, multi-bay garage. Concrete block with brick veneer.

Document Actions

Filed under: