601 Fourth Avenue West
Contributing, ca. 1945.
One-story Minimal Traditional house with a cross gable roof and painted brick veneer walls. Unusual glass block windows. According to the current owner, these are original, used by builder Forrest as an innovative material. Attached porch with brick piers. Central chimney. High stone retaining wall around front and side of property, probably originally part of landscape of the Baker House to the west. One of two houses in the neighborhood built by local builder John Forrest, apparently as speculative houses. The other one is at 511 Fourth Avenue West (#185).
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)