Navigation
 

536 Fourth Avenue West

Julius H. Yelton House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One and one-half story bungalow with a front gable roof and side gable dormers on the east and west. One-story shed roof wing on the east added between 1922 to 1926. One-story shed roof addition at rear. Wraparound porch had been enclosed on the west side. Porch details include paired posts on brick piers and solid brick balustrade with concrete caps. Multi-light-over-one large light on front porch; remainder of windows are three-vertical-over-one. Replacement door. Vinyl siding. Julius H. Yelton, a real estate and insurance agent, and wife Nell lived here from 1937 to 1938. Julius Stewart, the county Tax Collector, lived here from 1939 to 1944. John S. Forrest, a local building contractor, lived here from 1945 to 1949. John M. Sterling, a foreman at Ecusta, lived here beginning in 1950.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Cottage. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story hip roof cottage with vinyl siding and an entry stoop.

Storage building. Non-contributing, 1970s.
One-story modern storage building.


Document Actions

Filed under: