525 Fourth Avenue West
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One and one-half-story-plus-basement bungalow with a clipped gable roof and shed dormer at front. Weatherboard siding. Engaged front porch with round columns and Chinese latticework balustrade. Interior end chimney. Six-over-one and casement windows; multi-light door with transom. Low granite retaining wall around property. Nathan and Rebecca Brenner, with Brenner-Penny Company Department Store, lived here from 1926 to 1940. Mrs. Bessie Arledge, widow of William B. Arledge, lived here from 1941 to 1942. Charles N. and Caroline D. Mead lived here from 1943 to 1944; Fred M. and Dora P. Waters lived here from 1945 to 1946. Waters was Superintendent of City Schools. Mrs. Erma E. Staton, widow of B. Frank Staton, lived here from 1948 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Garage. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story frame garage with weatherboard siding and original vertical plank doors. Front gable roof.