519 Fourth Avenue West
Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story Spanish Colonial Revival house with a flat roof, textured stucco walls, and hollow tile construction. Front exterior chimney, with a curved shoulder. Triple four-over-one windows at front with inset segmental arches above. Screened entry bay to the east. Fred L. and Lillian Cooley lived here from 1937 to 1938. Bruce A. and A. Marie Cox lived here from 1939 to 1940. Cox was a Justice of the Peace, and a "fingerprint expert." Leo H. and Elva L. Suggs lived here from 1941 to 1942. Suggs was produce manager at A & P stores. Everett C. and Kathleen P. Huggins, Jr. lived here from 1943 to 1951. Huggins was manager at Belk-Simpson Company. D. Simpson also lived there from 1945 to 1946.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)