511 Fourth Avenue West
Contributing, ca. 1943.
Two-story Minimal Traditional house with an L-shape floor plan. Gable roof. Unusual brick was recycled by builder John Forrest to construct this house. Glass block windows are original, according to the current owner. One-story garage addition at east side. Attached porch has a hip roof, square brick posts, and an iron balustrade. Exterior end brick chimney. One-over-one and picture window in addition to glass block windows. Door is single light -over-panel. This is the second of Forrest's speculative houses in the neighborhood, along with 601 Fourth Avenue West (#180). John S. Forrest, a local builder, was listed as owning this property from 1943 to 1944. William L. and Patsy G. Harper, with Rose Pharmacy, owned the house from 1945 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)