Navigation
 

1123 Fourth Avenue West

John C. Morrow House

Contributing. 1923.
One and one-half-story bungalow with some rear additions. Side gable roof with projecting front gables, curved brackets, and shed roof dormer on rear. Shingle siding. Attached front porch with front gable roof, stone steps, and replacement iron posts. Central chimney. Eight-over-one windows, and architrave trim around front door. Large lot. John C. Morrow was the original owner of this house. He built the house for his future wife and lived there with her from 1923 to 1947, until both died. His son, J. Charles Morrow, Jr. began living there in 1948. Morrow, Sr. was president-manager of Morrow Insurance Agency.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)

Document Actions

Filed under: