745 Florida Avenue

John D. Waddell House

Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story plus basement bungalow with a hip roof, brick veneer walls. Engaged bungaloid front porch has been enclosed on the southeast corner. Four vertical-over-one windows, modern front door. One-story modern frame addition at rear, in commercial use. John D. and Lillian V. Waddell lived here from 1937 to 1938. Waddell was an agent with Southeastern Express Company. Louis E. and Edith R. Hesterly lived here from 1939 to at least 1951. Hesterly worked at Justus Pharmacy. Property was originally Lots 26-29 of the C. F. Bland subdivision (1920; Deed Book 108, page 88). They were bought by Mrs. J. D. Boyd from Bland.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)

Document Actions

Filed under: