732 Florida Avenue

Dr. Jacob Campbell House

Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story-plus-basement bungalow with a front gable roof and asbestos siding. Shed roof addition at southwest corner. Full width front porch with exposed structure in gable. New balustrade. Central brick chimney; three-vertical-over-one windows; modern door. Lot drops to rear. Dr. Jacob Campbell and Alex Rubenstein lived here from 1937 to 1938. Lula J. Loflin, widow of Thomas Loflin, lived here from 1941 to 1942. John Briggs, a checker at A & P Food Stores, lived here from 1943 to 1944. The house was rented to tourists from 1946 to 1947, and Miss Elizabeth Corriher, a nurse, lived here from 1948 to 1951. This was originally lot #36 of the C. F. Bland subdivision, bought by Julia Anders from Bland (1920; Deed Book 109, page 197).
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)

Document Actions

Filed under: