723 Florida Avenue
Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story bungalow with hip roof and gable roof over west wing. Brick veneer walls, in the same variegated Flemish bond pattern as 727 Florida Avenue (#92), indicating these two houses may have been built simultaneously. Engaged front porch extends to east as a porte cochere. Paired posts on brick piers on porch; lattice infill between posts. One central chimney, and one exterior end with same brick pattern as rest of house. Six-over-one windows; original door three-vertical-over-panel. Currently a duplex, with a new door added. The house was vacant in the late 1930s. Robert D. and Kathryn W. Suttenfield lived here from 1939 to 1940. Suttenfield was a serviceman. William P. and Belva Bane lived here from 1941 to 1942. Lorenzo and Daisy Maney lived here from 1946 to 1947; Maney was an accountant. John M. and Estelle C. Sterling lived here from 1948 to 1949. Sterling was a foreman as Ecusta Corporation. Samuel and Hermina Spiegel lived here from 1950 to 1951. Spiegel was a shoe repairman. Originally lots 9 and 11 of the C. F. Bland subdivision, bought by M. L. Walker from Bland (1920; Deed Book 108, page 102).
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)