720 Florida Avenue

Samuel Williams House

House. Non-contributing, ca. 1952.
One-story-plus-basement Minimal Traditional house with a multi-gable roof, brick veneer walls, and a recessed entry with iron posts and railing. Multi-light picture window and metal frame casements. Small lot, drops to rear. Samuel and Florence K. Williams, with Louis Williams & Sons, appear to be the original owners of this house. They lived here through at least 1955. This house replaces an older house on the same lot. Originally lots 39, 40, 41, and 42 of C. F. Bland subdivision. Lots 39 and 40 bought by Julia Anders (1920; Deed Book 109, 197); lots 41 and 42 bought by P. J. Gilreath from Bland (1920; Deed Book 188, 94).
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)

Cottage. Non-contributing, 1970s.
One-story frame hip roof cottage with modern lapped siding and screened porch.

Document Actions

Filed under: