714 Florida Avenue
House. Non-contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story bungalow with substantial alterations. Rear wing, side gable roof, vinyl siding. Original porch is gone. Interior chimney is capped. Four-vertical-over-one windows; single light-over-panel front door. Small lot slopes to rear. Originally lots 43 and 44 of C. F. Bland subdivision, bought by P. J. Gilreath from Bland (1920; Deed Book 188, 94). Reverend James and Mattie Justice lived here from 1937 to 1938. Harry V. and Bessie M. Godfrey lived here from 1939 to 1942. Godfrey was a bookkeeper at Shipman Motor Company, Harry E. and Valice M. Davies lived here from 1943 to 1944; Davies was a clerk at Southern Railway. Maggie Howell, widow of David V. Howell, lived here from 1945 to at least 1951. David Howell was also a minister.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)
Carport. Non-contributing, 1970s.
Modern free-standing carport.