216 Fleming Street
Non-contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story Shingle Style house with many changes. Irregular floor plan with the original section appearing to be an L-shape. Several additions by 1954, including wings to south and east, and an addition to the north after this time. Hip roof with wide eaves and aluminum siding. Interior brick chimney. Upper level of original two-story porch at southwest corner of house has been enclosed to create a sunroom. The original shingle siding of the house is visible inside this sunroom. First level of porch is recessed. Porch has many elements encased in replacement siding. Windows are one-over-one, some replacement, and the front door is a replacement. Mrs. Emma Thompson, widow of J. C. Thompson, lived here from 1937 to 1938. The house was vacant through much of the 1940s. John Rena lived here from 1945 to 1946, apparently as a summer home. Rev. Nicholas C. Hughes and the School for Little Folks kindergarten occupied the building from 1948 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Storage building. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story storage building with front gable roof and modern door and windows. German siding.