Navigation
 

919 Fifth Avenue West

Lillian P. DeLong House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story Colonial Revival house with hip roof, weatherboard siding, flat-roof entry portico, and addition at northwest corner. Entry portico has square posts on granite piers. Two interior chimneys. Nine-over-one windows with a bay window in the center of the second floor in front; door with sidelights. Granite foundation with beaded mortar joints. Notable dry stack stone retaining wall and planters at street level. Mrs. Lillian P. DeLong, of Coral Gables, Florida, lived here part of the year from 1937 to 1938. The house was vacant for several years, then John W. and Jimmie Farmer lived here from 1943 to 1944. Rupert D. (USA) and Katherine V. Graves lived here from 1945 to at least 1951. Originally lot 5 of S. Maxwell's Fifth Avenue subdivision, platted August 5, 1919. Bought from Maxwell by Flover P. Jones (1919; Deed book 102, page 20).
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Log cabin. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story log cabin with gable roof.

Garage. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story frame garage with German siding and exposed rafter ends.

Carport. Non-contributing, 1970s.
Freestanding carport over drive at east side of house.

Document Actions

Filed under: