909 Fifth Avenue West
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story bungalow with a small one-story wing at the northwest corner. Front gable roof with knee braces, vinyl siding at front and on porch gable end, shingles elsewhere. Engaged front porch has replacement iron posts on brick piers. Brick interior end chimney. Triple four-over-one windows, and multi-light door. Notable granite block retaining wall at street, probably part of original subdivision layout. Originally lot 3 of S. Maxwell's 5th Ave. Subdivision (1919) which was bought from Maxwell by E. J. Anders (1919; Book 109, 231). Homer H. and Annie Patishall of Geneva, Florida lived here part of the year from 1937 to 1938. John A. and Roxie C. Gunter lived here from 1939 to 1940; Cyril E. and Emma L. Livingston lived here from 1942 to 1943; Laurie A. and Alma C. Gossett, with Gossett Furniture, lived here from 1943 to 1944; James and Wilma Turner lived here from 1945 to 1946; and Richard and Marion Girardeau lived here from 1948 to 1949.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, deeds)
Carport. Non-contributing, 1990s.
Freestanding metal carport.
Storage building. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story flat roof storage building.