839 Fifth Avenue West
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story-plus-basement Craftsman bungalow with a hip roof and hip roof dormer. Brick veneer walls and shingles on dormer. Notable stone foundation wall extends onto porch foundation and piers. Engaged front porch has battered double and triple posts on piers, and 2 x 2 balustrade. Four-vertical with diamond pane-over-one and one-over-one windows. Deck added at rear. Lot slopes to rear. Edwin H. Dickson lived here from 1937 to 1938. Benjamin and Dorothy Brown lived here from 1939 to 1940. Brown was assistant manager at Gulf Oil Corporation. Henry E. and Laura A. Mitchell lived here from 1941 to 1942; and Frank E. and Gladys C. Wiskewski lived here from 1943 to at least 1951.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Garage. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story brick veneer garage with front gable roof.