Navigation
 

805 Fifth Avenue West

Clifford Chaney House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story Craftsman bungalow with a central "pop-up" second story. Two one-story additions at rear. Multi-gable roof with knee braces, and yellow brick veneer walls. Stucco on second story. Wraparound porch with battered posts on brick piers. Exterior end and central brick chimneys. Windows are six-over-one, nine-over-one, and multi-light casement. Multi-light doors. Large corner lot with notable stone wall. Clifford R. Chaney lived here from 1937 to 1938. Frank E. and Gladys Wisnewski lived here from 1939 to 1942. Malcolm and Winifred Stonham lived here from 1943 to 1944, and Samuel and Ray M. Kalin lived here from 1948 to at least 1951. Kalin was owner of Kalin's Department Store.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Storage building and garage. Non-contributing, 1960s.
One-story gable roof storage building with garage wing added to rear.

Document Actions

Filed under: