640 Fifth Avenue West
Contributing, ca. 1920.
One and one-half story Craftsman bungalow with a front gable roof and shed roof dormers. Vinyl siding. Attached front porch with front gable roof, stone piers and cheek walls, and a "bow tie" arch, as seen elsewhere in the neighborhood. Central chimney. Diamond-pane windows and modern door. Cut stone foundation. Set up on a hill with notable cut granite retaining wall and corner steps. Allan and Minnie Strickland of Valdosta, Georgia, lived here part of the year from 1939 to 1940. David O. and Sally M. Satterfield lived here from 1941 to 1944. Satterfield was a traveling salesman. John E. and Mary Preston lived here from 1945 to 1949. Ethelbert and Elinor King lived here beginning in 1950. King was a traveling salesman.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)
Designed by Erle Stillwell according to Buildings as History The Architecture of Erle Stillwell.