Navigation
 

616 Fifth Avenue West

Ambassador Apartments

Contributing, ca. 1926.
Three-story Neo-Classical Revival apartment building with a center hall. Parapet roof with limestone urns, brick facing over tile construction, and brick quoins. Broken pediment at front entry with "Ambassador" inscribed in the limestone. Classical details in limestone surround the door. Windows are eight-over-eight, with keystones. Multi-light front door. Multi-light side doors with sidelights, some opening onto balconies. Large lot with mature trees. May have been designed by Erle Stillwell. This was built as apartments, with eighteen units in the building. Sanborn maps indicate this may have been subdivided from the Baker House at 613 Fourth Avenue West (#179).
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)

Document Actions

Filed under: