1204 Fifth Avenue West

Lee Buchanan House

House. Contributing, ca. 1925.
Two-story Colonial Revival house with a clipped gable roof and a one-story wing on the west. Vinyl siding. Entry stoop with heavy brackets supporting an arched covering. Six-over-one and multi-light casement windows, and multi-light-over-panel front door. Interior end chimneys. Small level lot. Lee Buchanan, an auctioneer, and Canie Ledbetter, a landscape gardener, lived here from 1937 to 1938. Orton and Dorothy Croft lived here from 1939 to 1940. Croft was district manager with Carolina Central Gas. Julius and Winifred Carson, with Carson Ice Cream, lived here from 1941 to 1944. Daniel and Sophia Michalove, with Railroad Salvage Company, lived here from 1945 to at least the early 1950s.  
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Garage. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story frame garage with front gable roof.

Document Actions

Filed under: