519 Ehringhaus Street
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
Two-story Tudor Revival house with many Craftsman interior features, including light fixtures. Hip roof with wide eaves and curving rafter ends. Stucco walls and half timbering. Wraparound porch on northeast corner, with square posts, 2x2 balustrade, and a portion enclosed. The entry stoop at front exhibits many Craftsman details. Balcony at southeast corner. Windows are multi-light casement and front door is stained glass over vertical boards. Very small lot. Possibly designed by Hendersonville architect Erle Stillweil. Part of a grouping of houses developed by O. E. Hedge, and later appearing on the Quilhot/Hedge/Arledge subdivision dated May 29, 1939 (Plat book B, page 231A). Oral E. Hedge apparently built this house and lived here until the late 1970s. House was moved ca. 1925 two house lots to the north from its original location at the corner of Fifth Avenue West and Ehringhaus Street.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner, plat maps)
Garage. Non-contributing, ca. 1955.
One-story garage with pyramidal roof on south side. Stucco walls and flared eaves.