513 Ehringhaus Street
House. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One and one-half-story Tudor Revival house with a carport added at the south side. Steeply pitched multi-gable roof and stucco walls. Windows are six-over-six and four-over-four, and door is wood panel. Small lot. Part of a grouping of houses developed by O. E. Hedge and later appearing on the Quilhot/Hedge/Arledge subdivision dated May 29, 1939 (Plat book B, page 231A). Possibly designed by Hendersonville architect Erle Stillwell. Dr. Oswald and Lavinia Smith lived here from 1937 to 1938. Smith was a dentist. George W. and Lillian A. Caraker lived here from 1939 to 1940. Mrs. Margaret Hannon lived here from 1941 to 1942. Mrs. Doris Pratt apparently owned the house beginning in 1945, and rented it to tourists in the late 1940s. Mrs. Eleanor Strong, widow of Milo 0. Strong, owned the house beginning in 1950.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)
Cottage. Contributing, ca. 1925.
One and one-half-story cottage with steep multi-gable roof, stucco walls, and six-over-six windows.