210 Buncombe Street

John L. Orr House

House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One and one-half-story bungalow with a front gable roof, German siding, and attached front porch. Porch details include battered posts on brick piers, replacement 2x2 balustrade. Central brick chimney. Four-vertical-over-one windows; vertical-light-over-panel front door. Small lot, level with street. John L. and Angie Orr lived here from 1937 to 1938. Orr was a mechanic with Automotive Machine Co. Mrs. Myrtle Churchill lived here from 1939 to 1944. George and Ora Chapel lived here from 1945 to at least 1951.  
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Storage building. Non-contributing, 1970s.
Modern one-story storage building with front gable roof.

Document Actions

Filed under: