514-528 N. Main

1920s.
Two-story striated brick commercial structure, unadorned. Windows infilled and replaced with aluminum casements and shutters. Storefronts are new. Awnings over both.

514

 

 

516Photos from 1987.

 415

 

 

 

 

Photo from 1975

 HISTORIC MARKER PLACED 2009:

Few Building 1925 Built by Dr. Columbus Few, a local surgeon and community leader, with shops on the street level and residences above. Designed by prominent local acrchitect Erle Stillwell. For many years, this building and the one to the north, served as an art action house.Summer auctions of jewelry, rugs, paintings, etc., were an important and entertaining part of summer life in the area from the 1940s thru the 1970s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Document Actions