502-512 N. Main
Two-story brick commercial structure divided into four store units. Only one still has corbelled cornice. Diamond-shaped openings in recessed panels at top of each store. Second story windows are single with brick voussoirs and keystone lintels and granite sills. All sash is replacement. All storefronts have been altered: 502-506 covered with wood siding; 508-512 recessed with new facades. During the first part of this century, the stores served various mercantile purposes (hardware, furniture, wholesale groceries); later (by 1912), the corner structure was The Palace, Hendersonville's first movie theater. The four store units were built by several men, one of whom was Mr. Joseph Bailey, who owned and lived in The Cedars.
Photos from 1987.