501 N. Main Street


Plain two-story striated brick commercial building. Lightly corbeled cornice. One-over-one double hung windows. Modern storefront.






Photo from 1987.







Historical Marker placed 2009

501 N. Main ca. 1925

Dr. William B. Howe's medical office was a small stucco building on this corner from 1907 until he built this building. Tenants of the Main Street storefronts have been Birdie West Hat Shop, Martin's Women's Wear and Young's men's wear. Doctors William Howe, Walter Allen, Joe Bailey, James Brown and D. King had their medical offices in the back and upper portions of the building.





Document Actions