442-448 N. Main
Two-story brick commercial structure with projecting cornice and modillions beneath. Single six-over-one windows remain across second story facade and along left elevation. Storefronts modernized.
HISTORIC MARKER PLACED 2009
The Kirk Building 1925
Built by Dr. William Redin Kirk, tenants of the three storefronts have been Branstetter Shoes, Holley-Swofford Shoes, The China Shop, and Emory’s Dad & Lad Shop. Bert Boyd, local philanthropist, lived upstairs for over 17 years. Designed by prominent local architect Erle Stillwell.
Photos from 1987.