434 N. Main
Two-story brick movie theater. Second floor still retains the Neo-Classical façade designed by Erle Stillwell with its brick pilasters and elaborate terra cotta ornament. Ornament includes parapet cap, entablature with denticulated cornice, pilasters of brick with decorative capitals, and panels between the windows. The first floor has been replaced by glass display windows and a pent roof.
Photo from 1987.
HISTORIC MARKER PLACED 2009
The Queen Theater ca. 1915
Built originally for retail, this building was redesigned into a theater in 1915 by prominent local architect Erle Stillwell. The Neo-Classical building served as the Queen, then the State, then the Fox until the early 1960s.