314 N. Main

Toms Block

314mainCa. 1906.
Two-story brick commercial structure covered with corrugated metal false facade. Decorative brick cornice apparent above metal facade. Reportedly a portion of a row of commercial buildings built ca. 1906 by Captain M. C. Toms, the east side of Main Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue has long been known as the Toms Block. French Broad Hustler reported construction underway by May 3, 1906, and almost complete by September 13, 1906: "It will make a very handsome row of stores when finished and a credit to the city."

314

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo taken 1987.

Document Actions