106-114 N. Main

114main106mainDavis Store block, 1900.
Block of three two-story brick stores built by W. J. Davis. Center store is beige brick; two end stores are red brick. Corner store has corbelled brick cornice and segmental arch windows; the other two have a continuous cast concrete denticulated cornice. During the early 20th century, the corner shop served as Liverett's Clothing Store, and later M. M. Shepard's mercantile business. The other stores served various uses such as a harness shop, a printing shop, and as general stores. All three stores have recently undergone extensive rehabilitation at the storefront level.


Photos from 1987.
























Document Actions