101 N. Church Street

Lampley Motors. ca.1945. Contributing.

101 n churchOne-story Quonset hut style modern brick building with a semi-domed roof, concrete window sills, metal frame multi-light windows,  and a corner entry framed by display windows  at the southeast corner.  City directories note that this building was first in use as Lampley Motors, and Sanborn maps note that it had steel trusses, concrete floors, brick pilasters, and concrete block facing.  It later became Thomas Motor Company, Inc., beginning in the mid-1950s.  Currently it is in use as a resale shop. (Sanborn maps; city directories)

Document Actions