125-135 4th Ave. E.

Commercial Building. ca. 1925. Contributing.

125 4th EastOne-story brick Commercial Style  building occupying two-thirds of a block, divided into four distinct storefront bays.  All storefronts have been altered with modern materials, but the basic brick framework of each bay remains intact.  The southwest of the building is a corner entry.  Concrete coping and dentil blocks have been added at the cornice.  The next bay to the east has a recessed entry, vertical wood siding, new windows and planters.  The third bay has been infilled and stuccoed, with an arched entry, and the easternmost bay has also been infilled with stucco and has a fixed multi-light display window.  Sanborn maps indicate a residence stood here in 1912.  By 1943 the building housed a dairy, a plumbing shop, and a print shop (Sanborn maps).

Document Actions