322 Spring Street
Contributing, ca. 1925.
One-story-plus-attic bungalow with front gable roof and German siding. Entry stoop with a semi-elliptical covering, projecting sunroom bay at northwest corner. Interior brick chimney, brick foundation, four-vertical-over-one windows, with six-over-six windows at sunroom. Multi-light front door with sidelights. According to the current owner, the Cooper family built this house, apparently with several of the occupants in later years being renters. William H. Parris, a foreman at Southern Railway, and wife Augusta lived here from 1937 to 1938 and again from 1941 to 1947. William E. and Annie E. Umfleet lived here from 1939 to 1940. John B. Arrington, a foreman with Southern Railway, and wife Ora lived here from 1948 to 1949. From 1950 to at least 1953 Medford J. Cooper and wife Julia lived in the house.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, owner)