216 Spring Street

216 spring.JPGHouse. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story-plus-attic bungalow with side gable roof and large shed roof dormer at front. Wing at southeast corner original. Weatherboard siding, engaged front porch with solid balustrade, square posts. Interior brick chimney, brick foundation, six-over-one windows, single-light-over-panel front door, small level lot. A house on this lot appears on the 1908 Columbia Park plat, however, the footprint is part of a group of houses on the north end of Spring Street (then Sycamore Street) which were built at the turn of the 20th century. John B. Dill, a mechanic at Rigby-Morrow Company, and wife Hattie lived here from 1937 to 1938. Frank Kelly, a carpenter, and wife Naomi lived here from 1941 to 1944. From 1948 to 1951 Alonzo and Ella Galloway lived in the house, and beginning in 1952 Arden S. Galloway, a carpenter, and wife Delia occupied the house.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Document Actions

Filed under: