212 Spring Street
House. Contributing, ca. 1920.
One-story bungalow with a clipped gable roof and curved rafter ends. Weatherboard siding, engaged front porch with tapered columns and no balustrade. Interior brick chimney, four-vertical-over-one windows, four-vertical-over-panel front door, small level lot. A house on this lot appears on the 1908 Columbia Park plat, however, the footprint is part of a group of houses on the north end of Spring Street (then Sycamore Street) which were built at the turn of the 20th century. Festus E. Painter, employed at Chipman-LaCrosse Hosiery Mill, and wife Bertha lived here from 1939 to 1940. From 1941 to at least 1953 C. Maurice Ledbetter, a clerk at The Food Store, and wife Josephine lived in the house.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)