314 Rose Street

House. Contributing, ca. 1908.
Two-story gable-front house with decorative shingles in gable end, and aluminum siding over the original pebbledash. Portion of original wraparound porch enclosed. Porch details include a hip roof, round posts on brick piers. Brick foundation, one-over-one windows, single light-over-panel front door. This house appears on the original plat for the neighborhood, Columbia Park, dated June 1908, but deed records indicate it may have been built later. Amanda Mae English operated the house as a boarding house in 1926. Vernon Sexton and wife Fay lived here from 1937 to 1938. From 1939 to 1949 William R. Weston, a millwright, and wife Velle lived in the house. From 1950 to 1951 George Stepp, a farmer, and wife Mary B. lived in the house. Beginning in 1952 Leland N. and Nellie W. Wilde occupied the house.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats)

Storage building. Non-contributing, ca. 1990s.
One-story modern storage building.

Document Actions