310 Rose Street
House. Contributing, ca. 1908.
Two-story gable-front house with decorative shingles in gable end. Like 308 Rose Street (#11), house has pebbledash wall finish. Small portion of original wraparound porch has been enclosed on the northeast corner of house. Square posts and 2x2 balustrade on porch. Central brick chimney, brick foundation, two-over-two windows, with a single pane window onto porch with a leaded glass transom. Front door is single light-over-panel. This house appears on the original plat for the neighborhood, Columbia Park, dated June 1908, but deed records indicate that G. L. Steele bought the lot from the Hendersonville Development Company in 1919, with no indication as to whether there was a pre-existing house.
Mrs. Leola Hill, widow of Eugene Hill, lived here from 1937 to 1938; John W. Sexton, a plumber, and wife Nellie were here from 1939 to 1940; G. Henry and Cynthia Orr lived here from 1941 to 1942; Raymon P. Howard, a salesman at Coca-Cola Bottling Company, and wife Alma occupied the house from 1943 to 1944 and again from 1948 to 1949. Mrs. Nellie F. Camp, widow of Thad D. Camp and a manager at Skelton's store, lived here from 1945 to 1946. Jack A. and Mildred H. Norwood lived in the house from 1950 to 1951, with Harold Gibbs, a driver with Petroleum Transportation and wife Erline living there beginning in 1952.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, plats, Henderson County Deed Book 103, p. 62)
Storage building. Non-contributing, ca. 1990s.
One-story modern storage building.